When was the last time you had your pool cover serviced?
If you don’t remember, then you should get on to do it before summer arrives. That’s because pool cover care is an integral part of the pool maintenance schedule. If you fail to clean your pool covers and repair them, then the pool is bound to get dirty.
Not to forget the fact that negligence can decrease the lifespan of your pool covers.
So, are you ready to have your pool cover serviced?
Let’s look at some Tips for Maintaining Your Pool Automatic Safety Cover that can help you get started:
1. Create a Cleaning Checklist
We know how easy it is to forget the tiny details. That’s why we suggest that you set a cleaning list to ensure that you get things done. This way, your pool covers will always be clean and germ-free.
Your checklist should include:
- A weekly/monthly cleaning schedule.
- An inventory check of eco-friendly cleaning equipment and gear.
- Removal of leaves and debris on top of the pool cover.
- Routine clean up of the pool cover vault, automatic motor and other mechanical systems.
Besides this, always make sure that the pool cover is off after chlorinating the pool. It will ensure that the chemicals don’t cling to the surface.
2. Do Regular Maintenance Checks
Let’s get one thing straight―even the best pool covers get worn out with time.
That’s why we recommend that you do a monthly maintenance check. That way, you will immediately notice whenever something goes wrong. You can also ask for professional assistance if you can’t tackle the problem via DIY hacks.
Here’s a glance at the maintenance issues to watch out for:
- Your motor box can get rusty when it’s not used.
- The automatic pool cover might need repairs.
3. Hire Professional Pool Cover Specialists
Whether you’ve installed your pool cover today, or have had it for years―a proper professional consultation never goes to waste. Your local pool cover specialist will offer tips on pool cover care. They can also point out signs of deterioration.
It makes it easier to:
- Identify areas of concern
- Improve your pool cover’s lifespan
- Optimize the pool cover performance.
Moreover, all this ensures that your pool stays clean and clear all-year-around.
The Bottom Line
In the end, you probably think that we’re asking you for too much. However, these quick repairs and cleaning chores are a great way to avoid costly maintenance fees in the long run.
Are you looking for pool cover specialists on the West Coast? West Coast Pool Covers is at your service. We perform quick installations, repairs, and a variety of other services.
Call us now to prepare for the upcoming swimming season.